Today I have a 2-for-1 recipe post for all you lucky readers! I recently received three boxes of Barilla noodles in the mail – GLUTEN FREE Barilla noodles, which are Uh-Mazing! I’ll be honest I didn’t know Barilla noodles were so incredibly popular until I posted about them on Instagram. As a kid I wasn’t in love with Italian food so it’s never been on my radar. Since becoming gluten free, I’ve tried a lot of different pasta noodles – brown rice, quinoa, corn, all from different companies. I like some better than others but never really thought “‘Man, that was delicious” after consuming the many varieties of wheat-free noodles – until Barilla! I found these noodles cooked fast, didn’t come out with that weird film and were soft and bouncy like regular noodles, also they tasted really good. The taste was so good because it didn’t over power the ingredients in the dish, the meal wasn’t all about the taste of brown rice noodles.
I think I’ll be heading straight for Barilla noodles when I’m at the grocery store from now on. Just sayin’.
Italy’s #1 pasta brand is pleased to offer a line of gluten-free pasta that tastes great and is at an affordable price. Available nationwide in Canadian stores beginning this fall, Barilla® Gluten Free pasta is made with non-GMO corn and rice in a dedicated gluten-free facility. The four varieties (i.e. spaghetti, penne, rotini and elbows) will offer home cooks the same delicious taste and texture that they love with original Barilla pasta.
Each pasta has specific ‘al dente’ cooking instructions on the side of the package and should be cooked the same way as traditional pasta.
Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows: 7-8 minutes
Barilla® Gluten Free Penne: 10-11 minutes
Barilla® Gluten Free Rotini: 7-8 minutes
Barilla® Gluten Free Spaghetti: 10-11 minutes
340g box makes 4 servings of pasta, Boxes are priced at $2.79-$3.29
For additional information about Barilla pasta, or to obtain recipes and meal ideas, please visit www.Barilla.ca
So here are the recipes! The first is a Vegan and Gluten Free Mac n Cheese (a SUPER EASY vegan and gluten free mac n cheese). Use the ingredients and recipe as a guide because everyone’s mac n cheese is a very personal thing. When I was young my dad would make KD soup and I loved it, so I added less ‘cheese’ and more almond milk in mine. To each their own. I used Daiya cheese instead of real cheese.
- 1/2 Bag Daiya Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Almond Milk
- 1/2 Box of Barilla Gluten Free Eblow Noodles
- 1/4 head Broccoli
- 1/4 head Cauliflower
- Boil noodles as instructed on box.
- Boil Broccoli and Cauliflower until tender, chop into small peices when ready.
- Place almond milk in a pot on high heat until boiling.
- Take milk off heat and slowly add in cheese while stirring.
- Add enough cheese to make it as thick as you like.
- Mix noodles, veggies and cheese sauce together in a large bowl
The second recipe is a really yummy tofu pasta salad that’s perfect for the fall and really good with a Mojito. For my go-to tofu seasoning recipe, click here.
- 1 yellow Zucchini
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Box Barilla Rotini Noodles
- 1/2 head Broccoli
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Pre-marinated Tofu (see link above for recipe)
- Boil noodles as instructed on box, boil broccoli until tender at the same time.
- Chop up green pepper, onion and broccoli in a large bowl
- Grate carrot and zuchinni and add to bowl with veggies.
- When noodles are finished add to bowl and mix in olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, parsley and seasoning.
- Top off dish with small pieces of grilled tofu.
Thank you Barilla!