I think most people might be sick of ‘bowl’ recipes but I’m not. I probably eat a smoothie bowl 5 times a week at least, it’s the best way to pack in a whole bunch of ingredients custom picked by you into one meal! This Vegan Cauliflower Rice Bowl is so healthy, filling and is great as left overs for the next day (so make lots!).
There are a few ways to get that cauliflower ‘rice’ consistency. When I first started making cauliflower rice, I’d use a cheese grater and grate a whole head of cauliflower until it was shredded into ‘rice’. This time I chopped the cauliflower into smaller florets and put little batches in the vitamix. Don’t mix too much or it will be mushy, just enough to get it ‘rice-y’. I prefer the vitamix way because I seem to always cut myself on graters.
While you’re getting the cauliflower ready, heat your oven to 375 degrees so you can roast some potatoes and beats to add to your cauliflower rice bowl.
To make my beets easier to peel I boiled them in water until you could stick a fork in easily. Then I peeled off the skin using paper towel so my hands wouldn’t get too red. Chop up the beets and sweet potato and toss in a little bit of oil and salt and pepper. Feel free to add other spices like garlic powder, onion powder or cayenne! Let them bake for about 40 minutes, until they start to look roasted but don’t let the potato get black around the edges.
While the veggies are cooking, sauté some chopped onion and garlic in a pan until it starts to smell delicious.
Add in your cauliflower rice and pour over some tamari (or soy sauce if it doesn’t bother your stomach). I think I probably used about a tablespoon, but I just poured it from the bottle until it looked like enough. I’m not a saucy person so you might want to add more than I did.
You can top this bowl with whatever protein you want – chicken, tofu, beans.. whatever you have on hand. I have these really great Sol Cuisine Spicy Black Bean Burger Patties
that I use in omelets, wraps, and salads. They looked perfect for this recipe! I just throw them on the pan and heat them up (turning every couple mins) until I’m able to cut through with the flipper. I also boiled some edamame while working with the frying pan.
When everything is ready, place it in the bowl and top with a tahini dressing. I literally just drizzled tahini on top but that’s because I didn’t have some other ingredients I might mix it up with like lemons.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Edamame
- 1 Sweet Potato (chopped)
- 2 Small Beets (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp Tamari
- Tahini (drizzle on top)
- Black Bean Patty
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Chop up beets and sweet potato, mix with oil, salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 mins until tender.
- 3. While the veggies are cooking, grate or use a vitamix to get the cauliflower into a rice texture. (use small batches in the vitamix).
- 4. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- 5. Boil the edamame while the onions and garlic are cooking.
- 6. Place the cauliflower rice into the frying pan with the onion and garlic and pour the tamari over top. Stir until combined for a few minutes.
- 7. Set aside and fry up the burger patty.
- 8. Once all items are ready, place the rice in a bowl and top with veggies and the burger patty and drizzle with tahini.
That’s it! Enjoy and get creative :)