Exfoliating once or twice a week is vital for healthy glowing skin. There are different types of exfoliants, mechanical and chemical. Mechanical exfoliants contain ingredients that physically scrub the skin to remove dead skin cells, chemical exfoliants are able to stimulate cell and collagen production.
Oats also absorb and remove surface dirt and impurities, they deep cleanse your pores, they scrub, as told, and gently exfoliate, and finally hydrate and soften your skin.
For the scrub blended the up into a fine powder…
I added lavender and lemon peel poweder.
Lemon Peel Powder helps clear up your complexion by removing acne, blemishes, pimples and regulating the oil balance of your skin. It makes your skin look brighter, smoother and fresher through its exfoliating and astringent effects which remove dead skin cells while minimizing pores. Amazon sells Lemon Peel Powder if you can’t find any close by.
Lavender is great for the skin, It can aid in healing and helps with aging, but also can improve circulation and prevent scarring. You can get food grade lavender here.
I also ground up green tea and brown rice flour to add to the mix.
Once you’re ready to use the mix, use about a teaspoon with honey and milk to create a liquidy paste to apply to your face.
the main skin-saving properties of honey.
- Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
- Complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
- Pores: Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
- 1 cup Ground Oats
- 1/4 cup Ground Lavender
- 1/4 cup Ground Green Tea
- 2 tbsp Lemon Peel
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- Honey, Milk or Water
- Mix all together in a jar
- Use 1 teaspoon of exfoliant and mix with honey and milk (or water) to create a paste like consistency.