I came across this idea on pinterest and couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of this before! It’s so easy and quick, it’s a great way to start the day. It’s definitely on the healthy side so it can for sure be substantial enough for breakfast (or dinner).
I cut the banana in half, spooned vanilla cashew yogurt in the middle, layered the melted almond butter on top and sprinkled a breakfast cereal mix on top with berries and strawberries. The cereal mix I use is from Qi’a, it has Chia, Hemp, Buckwheat, vanilla-dusted cranberries and almonds. You can check that out here.
Vanilla Cashew Yogurt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked over night)
- 1/2 cup water (may need a little bit more to get it creamy)
- Splash of lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla (more if you love vanilla)
- 1-2 tbsp Maple Syrup (adjust measurement to desired sweetness)
Drain soaked cashews and place all ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy.
Vegan Banana Split
- 1 ripe banana
- Handful of blueberries and chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter) melted
- 2 tbsp vanilla cashew yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp breakfast cereal
Cut the banana down the middle and open gently. Spoon the cashew cream in the middle of the banana. Drizzle the almond butter on top of the cream. Pour the berries on top of the butter and cream and sprinkle with the cereal.