Gluten Free Makeup? Yup, made from home with only the finest ingredients! I live downtown Toronto and was able to find everything in Kensington Market but I’m sure your health food store will have everything. These make great gifts and you can go nuts with scents and flavours. I made my favourite, mint chocolate chip this time but next time I think I’m going to try one with dried roses. It’s pretty easy to make, not SUPER easy but easy enough. All my dishes and pots got really oily FYI and a funnel may be a good thing to have on hand if you don’t want to spill all over the place. I ordered the little lip balm containers off of ebay, this recipe made enough to fill 7 (they are very small little pots). Thanks to Crunchy Betty for this recipe!
These are a few of the ingredients you will need (full recipe at end of post). You need cocoa butter, vitamin E, peppermint oil, beesewax (I used a candle), coconut oil, cocoa, & honey.
These are a few different scents I have that I’ll get to use next time! (Once I buy more pots)
The coco butter is really easy to chop up, Crunchy Betty used Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter. I only had cocoa butter.
- 1 Tbsp grated beeswax
- 1/8 c. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cocoa butter
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp vitamin E oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Place the cocoa butter in a small pot with the coconut oil.
- Heat over VERY low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Try not to let the mixture go over 175 degrees, or the shea butter could end up a little gritty.)
- Add the beeswax and stir well until completely melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the peppermint oil, honey, vitamin E, and cocoa powder, stirring well the whole time.
- Once everything is stirred, pour into lip balm pots and let sit for 3 hrs.
Make sure you leave them alone for 3 hrs!
A good thing to keep in mind, these do melt easily so beware!! (messy purse)